Carey Mulligan -

Carey Mulligan

Is it even possible to be cuter than Carey Mulligan?

Carey Hannah Mulligan will be starring as Daisy in the remake of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s “The Great Gatsby.” The Roaring Twenties will come back to life as a new generation puts its stamp on this classic. Ms. Mulligan will bring to the silver screen the role also played by Mira Sorvino and Mia Farrow.

Carey Mulligan in The Great Gatsby

Carey Mulligan in The Great Gatsby

That’s some pretty lofty company to play Daisy. Carey will be joined by even more lofty company, Leonardo DiCaprio, who will be playing Gatsby, the character that Nick comments “has a heightened sensitivity to the promises of life.” With Carey Mulligan playing Gatsby’s long lost love, I could see that.

Tobey Maguire rounds out the all-star trio as Nick, the contemplative narrator of Fitzgerald’s classic.

What are your thoughts? Carey Mulligan as Daisy? Post your comments below.

The New York Times has reported that this new version of The Great Gatsby will be in 3-D. Movie goers will have the option to see the movie in 3-D or in traditional format.

It will be interesting to see how The Great Gatsby fares in 3-D. Just giving personal opinions, I can see how an action movie or a sci-fi movie can benefit from 3-D viewing. But, it’s difficult to see how that will translate with a movie such as The Great Gatsby.

Carey Mulligan as Daisy in the 2012 remake of The Great Gatsby

Carey Mulligan as Daisy in the 2012 remake of The Great Gatsby

I think I will see The Great Gatsby first in traditional format. I don’t want the 3-D to be distracting, or, to be more important than the movie itself. Perhaps I will then go back to see The Great Gatsby in 3-D for a second viewing.

There are several more articles on Carey Mulligan on this blog, including her performances in “Never Let Me Go”, “Shame”, and “The Great Gatsby”.

7 Comments

1. jackson says:

but she’s married. :(

2. Mark St. Amand says:

I have never seen “The Great Gatsby” but my daughter described the story to me in great detail just last night. She was studying for her literature class and was telling me the story to help herself remember it. She went into waaaay too much detail. Cheers!

3. Ramakrishna says:

If I was a film director and had to choose the cast for great Gatsby movie, I would choose:A- For the role of daisy I would choose Kate Winslet because she is very elegant, beautiful and looks like a traditional woman.B- For the role of tom I would choose vin disel, because he is brawny, looks like an ex football player and seems to be shallow C- For nick I would choose Penn Badgley (gossip girl) because he doesn’t call peoples attention, he is very normal D- For the role of myrtle I would choose Rene9e Zellweger, because she is chubby but looks sexy, and she is perfect for that role. E- For the role of George Wilson I would choose Mike O’Malley because he looks like a poor worker, and a little stupid. Also he is fat, has blue eyes and is bald F- For the role of Jordan I would choose Blake lively because she is thin, tall beautiful, looks like a careless woman which likes to go to parties. G- And for the role of Gatsby I would choose Leonardo di caprio, because he looks mysterious, and has a very beautiful smile, and Gatsby’s smile is described as a very particular one.

4. Indi says:

1. For Nick I would choose Ben Stiller beasuce he is good looking and he looks like a normal guy who could be nick narrating the story2.For the role of Daisy I would choose Keira Knightley beasuce she is very beautiful and when I see her I imagine Daisy.3.Anne Hathaway would perfectly fit in the role of Jordan or Disy although she is not blond she is very beautiful and looks elegant.4.Hayden Leslie Panettiere would look nice in Myrtle’s role ’cause she it attractive and in her look I can see that she would act well like the one who goes with another man and all that..5.In the role of Tom Buchanan, I think George Clooney would be just right. He gives the impression of a being old but very elegant,serious, like the wealthy man like tom in 1920s and I imagine him perfect for toms role6.For the role of Gatsby I would choose maybe Leonardo Di Caprio, but i am not very sure about it beasuce it doesn’t convince me fully, but I can’t think for now of anopther option7. For the role of George Wilson I have no ideaaa..

5. justmovies says:

great choices! thanks for your post. i definitely agree with your choice of Rene Zellweger for Myrtle.

6. justmovies says:

also great choices… thanks for posting…

7. Bernardete says:

information was very great to read.